Dental Direct utilise the latest in Secure Server Technology to ensure that all personal and transactional information is protected to the highest standards.
We use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the Website. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to 'My Account' and clicking 'Change name, email or password',
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
We respect the privacy of all our customers and website users and take great care with the information we obtain. By using this website you consent to us collecting and using personal information about you in accordance with the terms set out herein. We may also use customer data and order data to undertake statistical analysis for internal use. From time to time we may contact you with information about Dental Direct merchandise or other Dental Direct activities that you might be interested in. By submitting your order you have given us permission to contact you. If however you would prefer not to hear from us, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving further information about Dental Direct.
Dental Direct keeps records in compliance with current data protection legislation.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
By choosing to purchase with us you have agreed to receive Dental Direct newsletters and emails your personal data will be added to the marketing database. We may also collect some or all of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us. As a subscriber, you will receive our weekly Dental Direct emails highlighting our product ranges and special offers.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact us section of this website. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that Dental Direct send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail or newsletter sent to you.
Third party sites
We reserve the right to alter amend add to or remove all or any part of this Policy Statement at any time without notice and any changes to this Policy Statement or any other terms shown on our website apply with immediate effect of being published. By continuing to use this website after any changes are displayed you indicate your acceptance of those changes.
Updates to this policy